Tuesday, October 21, 2014

October 19, 2014 First Day Home

It has felt so good to be home although my first night sleeping in my own bed was miserable. I couldn't roll over and I didn't want to wake Michael to ask for pillows to put behind my back. I felt like he had taken such good care of me that he deserved to sleep. About 4:00, medicine time, I was so miserable that I had to wake him. He got me six pillows, one for each side of my body, one under each knee, one for my stomach and one for my head. I felt so much better. You wouldn't believe how hard it is just to roll over when you've been cut down the middle of your body!! The pain is almost unbearable. Its funny how many stomach muscles you use just to hold yourself on your side as well. I'm going to order a body pillow tomorrow!

Today is our 23rd Wedding Anniversary. I knew it was coming so before I went into the hospital I bought the sweetest card I could find, wrote a loving note and stashed it under the alarm clock. This morning I asked Michael to get it out. He was so moved that I remembered even after everything was going on. He went to the store to purchase some items for dinner and brought back a tasty dessert. How thoughtful.


Michael's parents, my parents, my son and his girlfriend, my sister, niece, brother-in-law, and dear friends- Barbara and Gerome have come over to see us. My church family has begun bringing us supper each night. I can taste their love in every single bite. My niece, Pamela, has been staying with me during the day so Michael can work. Words cannot express how thankful I am for each and every person that has come by, sent a card, called, text, emailed, said a prayer or even just read my blog. The support I feel is unbelievable and I can't wait for Rayden to meet you all.  

Oct. 21-Maya called today to see how I was doing. She seemed impressed by our progress. She also reminded me that our first post-op doctors appointment is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 27. Can't wait to see Rayden again. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that things are improving for you and Rayden! There are many many prayers going up. Just rest! Thinking of you! Thank you soooo much for updates!