Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 12-13, 2015 "Bright Eyes"

Jan. 12- It felt strange coming to the hospital alone this morning to see our sweet Baby Rayden. I took several pictures throughout the day and sent them to Michael so he could feel as close as possible. As I talked to Rayden about his Daddy he gave me these big bright eyes. It's my favorite picture of the day. It also shows how AMAZING his head looks. The new shunt must be working.

The doctors decided Rayden could take more bottles by mouth. He has been alternating between tube feeding and bottle feeding. I fed him a back to back bottle today for the first time. He drank every drop and then lay in my lap wide awake for an hour afterwards. He's always been a good baby but I have never seen him this alert. Even the doctors and nurses were amazed. Dr. Elton stated that since Rayden is doing so wonderful today that he must've had some head pressure causing him to feel bad before and not eat.

A new doctor came today and heard Rayden's heart murmur. Then Dr. Sigal Peter-Wohl listened and said it was fine. She said she was not really concerned about it because most preemie babies have them and they just go away in time. I just want to praise God because he knew Rayden didn't need anything else to overcome.

Nanny Linda came this afternoon to spend the week with me. Michael did not want me to be here alone.

Jan. 13- I looked forward to feeding Rayden today but things got a little bothersome after his 5pm bottle. He started acting fussy and then threw the entire bottle up. Milk just flowed out of his mouth!! About 7pm he got real uneasy. I held him against my chest to try to calm his belly-ache. He had several brady's (heart beat drops) and even stopped breathing over and over. His blood pressure was elevated too. The doctor was concerned because his head circumference had increased so she called neuro. At 8pm the nurse checked his stomach contents through his tube to find that he still had a stomach FULL. They decided that he must have a terrible tummy ache.



No comments: