Monday, January 12, 2015

December 28, 2014 "Little Peanut"

Dec. 28- Our little Peanut has lost down to 5 lbs. 7 oz. He is now getting his antibiotic, amoxicillin, by feeding tube instead of IV. (That's a little graduation, "hip-hip, hooray!") He is still stooling A LOT! His bottom is now red so they are starting a creme regimen to try to prevent it from getting any worse. I can't believe he has a red bottom at only 5 days of life! Poor little fellow. He had a renal ultrasound of his kidneys and bladder done today. It showed only a tiny bit of back flow and a little dilation. Praise God!! Maybe he won't have to be catheterized!
As you can see although his head circumference is 36cm his skull plates are really starting to show. When I put my hand under his head to pick him up it feels like 50 puzzle pieces moving around. It scares me to pick him up because I think I am going to damage his skull. As long as his plates don't start overlapping we should be fine. They put him on a special bed called a "Z Flow". It is a fluidized positioner that can be micro-contoured to help with shaping his head. He really seems to like it.
I was able to feed him two bottles today for the first time. Michael got it all on video. He seemed to like it. He took most of the feeding. There was only a little bit left to put in his tube. Rayden has the most beautiful smile. It absolutely melts my heart!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at that beautiful smile on his face!