Sunday, December 14, 2014

December 12, 2014 "Just hangin' out"


Dec. 10-Michael kidnapped me! He told the nurses we were going on a date. They thought it was so cute. He took me on a wheelchair ride down stairs. We went to Starbucks but I'm not a coffee drinker so I didn't want anything. We admired all the trees and went 'shopping' in the gift shop and the little drug store. We even went upstairs to see the Ronald McDonald Family Room. It was so good to get out. When we returned he told the lady he was "returning an unruly patient." They said they didn't want me back, haha! I really enjoyed our little 'date'.

Dec. 11-We had a visit from Barbara and Carmen tonight. It was so good to see them. They always make me smile. Barbara even brought my favorite toenail polish and painted my toes. Isn't she precious? They brought me some wonderful cards created from my 1st grade students. They are so sweet to think of me. They even brought us some flowers in a santa vase. So festive. Gretchin, who works for Dr. Elton the neurosurgeon, came in to talk to us about Rayden. She said they have been watching the baby's ventricles and are prepared to care for him when he's born. I mentioned that his vents were 43 and 35 thinking in the back of my mind that she would say 'Yes, but that's really not that bad.' But I was wrong. She actually replied in a calming voice, "Yes, they are huge." She also told us different things they could do to stabilize Rayden immediately instead of rushing him back to surgery. That was very interesting.
When everyone left Michael and I went back down stairs because the nurses told us there were some venders selling things. Of course, we didn't buy anything but it was fun just to get out of this room.

Dec. 12-Linda and Glenn brought our baby up here! He is finally finished with exams! We were so happy to see him. He even curled up in the bed with me to work on some shirts we are designing as a fund raiser for Rayden. Here is the link to the T-shirts to help support Rayden's medical cost. You can order a shirt or just donate using this website. https://www.booster.com/raydensreason




No comments: