Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10, 2014 "So far so good"

Thursday, Dec. 4- Day 2-They moved us to a room with a view of the front of the hospital and a sofa for Michael to sleep better. The other room had a view of the side of the building and a pull out chair. I'm happy to report that all seems to be as stable as possible for now. We had a bad scare Friday afternoon, Dec. 5, when I started gushing fluid again, but even that has slowed down now. I'm still bleeding but they say it's alright. I've been poked a million times, but I don't mind.

The highlight of my day is when they put Rayden on the monitor so we can hear his heartbeat and watch for any contractions. I'm still on a LOT of antibiotics and medication but they did take the 3rd IV out. It's hard to sleep when they keep coming in to check on you, but it's getting better.

Michael hooked up the PS3 so we can watch Netflix. Hey, we gotta do something! He's been such a rock for me. I don't know what I would do without him here supporting me.

Michaels parents have been able to stay at the Ronald McDonald House. They say it is really nice there. They have brought me something from there everyday. (Socks, candy canes, flowers, cookies) I'm so thankful for their support as well.


Tuesday, Dec. 9- Day 7-I wasn't feeling good at all. I had a lot of stomach pain and nausea. Of course I started thinking this was labor and made it worse. They put me on the monitor and it showed no contractions. Dr. Casey came in and did another ultrasound (#16). He pointed out that Rayden is practicing breathing very well. He actually said he doesn't normally see that in babies this young. I'm so glad. He also showed us that Rayden had moved side to side. He is no longer butt down. Dr. Casey called it 'hammock style'. Maybe that's why I was hurting. Now that there is little to no fluid inside my uterus every time he moves it feels like someone is stretching my skin. I can't imagine how Rayden feels in there. I keep imagining him inside a sack with no air.

We've had a visitor just about every day and I can't begin to tell you how much that means to us. It also breaks up the monotony of the day! We appreciate all the phone calls, texts, visits, emails, facebook messages, and especially the prayers.

Thanks Brittany C. for decorating our room with my favorite characters and brightening up our day. Sweet little Jackson occupied our minds for a little while.

Wednesday, Dec. 10-Day 8- We are now officially 31 weeks! We have been here for a full week. Although it is boring, I pray we can stay just like this another 3 weeks.



No comments: