Monday, July 13, 2015

July 8, 2015 "Day 14"

7th floor is very inviting. The staff is so nice and welcoming. Volunteers came around and gave us all dinner last night. There was even a heart made out of towels on the counter. So sweet.

Throughout the night the nurse administered IV antibiotics and gave Rayden Tylenol around the clock. Although we didn't sleep much, I was glad that Michael and I were able to stay in the room with him.






I was afraid we were going to have to stay another day because Rayden had such a bad night, but I was relieved when he woke up in a much better mood. He was actually wanting his bottle and reaching to get out of bed. When Michael picked him up he was ALL SMILES!!! This was more like it. Dr. Elton said as soon as we get the last round of antibiotics at noon we could go home! (Music to my ears!)





As we were packing up to leave I heard jingle bells in the hall. Now I know I was excited, but I wasn't the only one who heard it. Soon there was a knock on the door. It was SANTA!! Christmas in July! He came to see Rayden! He brought Rayden a Simba board book and a box of Duplo Legos. Santa came to see Rayden before he was born in the hospital so this was really his first time seeing him. It was just so extra special.


After a long, 14 day stay at UNC Children's Hospital we were over the moon excited to go home. 

No comments: