Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 4, 2015 "Rayden visits CES"

I haven't been to Coats Elementary School since October, before Rayden and I had fetal surgery. I've been keeping Rayden fairly isolated to protect him from germs and sickness. Since school is almost out for the summer, I decided it was time for everyone to finally meet Rayden. It was a delight to see everyone's smiling faces again. Words cannot express how much I have missed my job, students, coworkers, and especially Barbara. She has been an absolute ROCK!! I've often commented that she was my 'right arm'. She totally proved that this year. She has kept our classroom afloat, engaged, and learning. What an awesome lady!!!

Although I didn't allow my students to touch Rayden, I thought they deserved to meet the reason they didn't have me as their teacher this year. I tried to explain Rayden's diagnosis to them (on a first grade level of course). They were on the edge of their seats interested! One student asked if Rayden could talk and, as if on cue, he started cooing and babbling! Laughter filled the room. Although I have not regretted my decision to stay home with Rayden this school year, I have felt somewhat torn about leaving my wonderful students. One parent made the most precious comment to me this evening that touched me so much. She stated that her daughter had come home thrilled to see us. "She has prayed for him faithfully and seeing him happy today filled her heart...Even though you haven't been there in person this year, you've been there in spirit. You and Rayden have taught 'her' lessons about faith and prayer that surpass reading and writing." I am so thankful that Rayden has been a positive influence and has left a lasting impression. Most of all, I am thankful that even Baby Rayden can be used by God to touch the lives of others. I know God has big plans for his life and I can see Him working through Rayden already!!! Praise be to God!

No comments: