Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 20, 2015 "Achilles Tendon Surgery"

It was a little strange leaving Rayden with Dr. Narotam. He would not let me stay for the procedure but assured me that he would take great care of Rayden. I have been waiting for this procedure hoping that he would be able to feel the needle used to numb his feet. When the nurse called my name in the waiting room I jumped up anxious to know the results. Dr. Narotam did not seem pleased when I returned. He stated that Rayden did NOT feel the needles, meaning he does not have any feeling in his feet. I was crushed. To make matters worse, he stated that although Rayden's right foot was 'an over achiever', his left foot did not respond to the clipping. He even asked one of his colleagues to step in and examine Rayden's left foot before he recasted it. He agreed that the foot just is not responding to the clipping. There must be other tight tendons preventing it from bending properly. This means that Rayden will have another series of casts just on the left foot. If it does not respond to this stretching then he may need another surgery to help the foot go into the correct position. I am so ready for these casts to be off my baby. I want to wash his little feet and play with his tiny toes. I want him to be able to bend his knees and feel free. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

No comments: