Wednesday, November 12, 2014

November 11, 2014 "27 week ultrasound"


Today was our third post-op ultrasound visit. We were so looking forward to seeing Rayden today. I just knew he was not going to be breech anymore because of the way we felt him move this week. One morning he moved all over my belly for more than 5 minutes straight! No, I'm not exaggerating. It was amazing. I also KNOW he has gained weight. Who couldn't have with all this wonderful food that keeps coming into my house, haha! I have put on 7 pounds myself!

Results: Rayden was sitting criss-cross applesauce. He is still considered breech, but NOT frank breech! His feet are no longer over his head. He would not move his hands away from his face so she couldn't get a good picture today. He's getting shy. He got 8 out of 8 points again. The ultrasound technician, Mercy, was able to see his scar a little bit. She mentioned seeing some stitches, but she couldn't see much because of the way he was sitting. His heart beat was 155 bpm. He now weighs 2 lbs 15 oz. I told you he gained weight! This puts him within the 70th percentile for his gestational age.

But, yes, his ventricles did grow. His right ventricle grew from 33mm to 36mm. His left ventricle grew from 20mm to 23mm. Both rising only 3mm each. They are considering this to be stable though because they are growing proportionately with his size and weight and not so rapidly now. Although it would be really nice for his vents to start reducing in size, I am still praising God for this milestone.

Rayden is doing so well and we could not be more proud or thankful. We are trying to praise God through this suffering and believe that God has a plan. Justin, my oldest son, directed me to a sermon recently that used this scripture that really hit home to me.
Romans 5: 3-5 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Sprit, who has been given to us.
 I believe God has a plan for Rayden and there is a purpose for this so I am trying to hold on to hope and praise God through this suffering.

Michael thought I was crazy for wanting my picture taken in the ultrasound room, but I think it turned out nicely. It gives you an idea of what I see every week!!! I have also been having a craving for Krispy Kreme doughnuts. After my ultrasound we drove up town and got two dozen!! I am even sporting the cool hat in the picture! Now, next week we will ALL be fatter!! Haha!

Next doctor visit is November 21.

3 comments:

mapittman79 said...

Thank you Teresa for keeping us updated! You and baby Rayden are in my prayers continuously so I really enjoy reading about your weekly appointments and the progress Rayden is making! Continue to stay positive and have hope!! Love and miss you!

Felicia Smith Reaves said...

Praying for you, Rayden and your other men continously. I am inspired by your faith during this time. God has you in the palm of His hands. I truly miss you and I am giving you a big hug at this time all the way from Angier. :-)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear all the progress! God is good ALL the time, even when we may not think so. I anxiously look forward to reading updated posts. I admire your strength and faith. I will continue to pray for you all. <3