Friday, May 29, 2015

May 23, 2015 "5 months old"

Rayden is 5 months old!!

*Weight-13 lbs. 14 oz.
*Length-25 1/2 inches
*He is in the 17th percentile for his length and weight.




















Rayden LOVES his ball. He has actually started folding his little fingers around it himself! He brings it straight to his mouth and cries when he drops it. I'm so happy that he is becoming more aware.


Rayden's therapist, Mrs. Emily, has been working with him to prop sit. He is actually getting the hang of it too.

I am often accused of 'spoiling' Rayden. That I must 'sit and hold him all day long!' But I assure you that I do NOT! Although I don't sit and hold him, I DO work with him all the time. Therefore he is accustomed to me being around him all day long. He doesn't seem to like it when I walk away from him. I thought he would never play independently. This week I was able to walk away and he played by himself for about 30 minutes!! I didn't know what to do with myself!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't had a chance to catch up in a while so I am a bit late. Babies are not made to be independent. Crying when alone is a survival instinct because babies need us. They need the attention and being held talked to and worked with is how they learn and develop. Rayden is not spoiled he is loved, and clearly you are doing aN amazing job!