Thursday, July 17, 2014

July 17, 2014 Initial prenatal visit


I went to Dr. Grays office for an initial prenatal visit. Although he did a little ultrasound July 7th, he could not seem to find it in his computer. He had to do another ultrasound, which was fine with me.
 
All seemed fine, but he was concerned about a fibroid cyst he found in my uterus. My age, 41, and B12 deficiency, were also cause for alarm. So, Dr. Gray decided we might need to go to Rex to have some genetic testing done. Yes, I was a little nervous so I started researching genetic testing on the Internet. We decided it was time to tell the rest of the family. Michael's mother, Linda, was in SC helping take care of her sister so we traveled there to tell her and Glenn together on July 19. We drove on down to Alabama to tell Michael's brother, Jeffery, as well. I also visited my side of the family that weekend. July 27- we had dinner with our best friends to tell them the news. Everyone seemed so excited and happy. I was still in shock I believe. This certainly wasn't what we thought empty nest syndrome would look like!

No comments: