Monday, September 9, 2024

September 9 & 15, 2024 " Two more seizures, #18 & 19""

Sept. 4 I had a phone conference with Dr. Mary Ann Chiodo, pediatrician, about Rayden waking up scared several times throughout the night. He's been real agitated and moody lately, and falling asleep in class as well. I was wondering if we needed to increase his ADHD/anxiety medication. 

Sept. 9 Rayden had another seizure today after school. He was sitting on the sofa and started screaming, this unbelievable, agonizing scream! He was holding the right side of his head. His eyes were glassy and he was gagging like he was going to vomit. He was alert and able to talk a tiny bit but then he quickly clinched his teeth and started convulsing. I gave him the Valtoco within 2 min of onset (as soon as I could grab it and get it open). He was on his side and stopped breathing. Michael called 911 while I did sternum rub and kept telling him I was here and he was ok. His lips turned blue, but he came out of it pretty quickly. The paramedics checked him out and he was ok. This is the first one since Nov. 4. 

Sept. 11 Rayden got written up in school today for hitting a little girl two times on her head with an ipad! He was trying to talk to her, and got upset when she didn't respond. This is definitely not normal behavior for him. Luckily, the little girl wasn't hurt. She didn't cry or even tell the teacher. The teacher just happened to see it herself. I made him write her an apology letter, verbally apologize to her and his teacher, and took his ipad away for an entire week. He seemed to understand why he was being punished and accepted it. 

I began researching the symptoms he was having before the seizure. I found that a prodrome (beginning phases of a seizure) is a feeling people have prior to experiencing a seizure. This may happen weeks or days before a seizure. It can include unusual sensations or emotions, a sense of extreme fatigue, difficulty sleeping, mood changes, anxiety, light-headedness, difficulty focusing, and behavior changes. That explains everything!! 

Sept. 15 Rayden had another seizure tonight. We were finishing up a movie before bed, he was laying on the couch, and had fallen asleep. I heard a noise and looked over to she him convulsing. I yelled his name, but, of course, no answer. He had foam (liquid) coming out of his mouth and nose! I gave the Valtoco and Alex called 911. His seizure watch did not work! Luckily we were sitting right there and saw it. What if he was already in bed and I didn't know? This terrifies me. He slept with us the remainder of the week until his neurologist decided to increase his medication. 

No comments: