Friday, June 9, 2017

June 9, 2017 "Henry's and Gymnast"

May 31- An inspirational member of our church, Henry Runion, uses forearm crutches to walk every day. So when Rayden saw them for the first time at UNC he knew exactly what they were. He immediately grabbed them and said "I walking." Now that he has his very own pair he doesn't call them crutches. He refers to them as his "Henry's". I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you Mr. Henry for being such an inspiration and role model for Rayden to follow.

In this video clip he is using them for the very first time. I know it is going to take him a bit longer to adjust to them than his walker. They don't balance themselves like the walker does. Rayden has to do ALL the work and it's very exhausting for him. I have no doubt that he will get the hang of them soon.

June 9- Rayden's newest trick is to pick his ENTIRE body up with his arms (elbows straight). He can bring his body up over the top of his walker! He can even do it on the floor with his feet straight out in front of him. He has so much upper body strength it amazes me! I'm sure most of that is coming from his gymnastics class at Elite Gym.


No comments: