Thursday, December 1, 2016

December 1, 2016 "Our Little Miracle"

I thought it would be good to show Rayden's progress since he received his twister cables in one post. It amazes me every time I sit and think about how far he has come. Something that comes so easy for others he has to work so very hard to achieve. But he does it with the biggest smile, never complaining. He is full of determination. And the doctors said, "He may never walk."

🎗Take that Spina Bifida!!!!! 🎗


1-September 24. (BEFORE twister cables) You can see how his feet and legs go all over the place. At one point his foot is actually turned around backwards.

2-October 23. (1 week with twister cables) Taking steps while Mom advances his feet. At this point he had NEVER walked with his feet forward! He had only walked sideways along the sofa. He is so proud of himself. 

3-November 6. (3 weeks with twister cables) Taking steps with the toy walker. I have to keep reminding him to take steps or he will just push the walker. 

4-November 22 (5 weeks with twister cables) Walking with gait trainer. I am NOT touching him. I'm just stabilizing the walker. Notice how brave he has gotten toward the end of the video. He actually steps away from his walker! 

5 weeks with the cables and our little man is actually walking!!!! Yes, he needs assistance, but he is upright and mobile. I am so proud of his hard work. 
Thank you Mrs. Emily (PT) and Mrs. April (baby sitter) for working so hard with him too. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I just found your blog and I am impressed by the strength and love you have. I wish you a very happy 2017 full of fun and joy and happiness with Rayden.

Luci W said...

Hi Teresa!!
I found your blog thanks to the Facebook page "Prayer Today". 1 of my friends shared their post that they posted June 7, 2017 of a picture of Rayden that was taken December 31, 2014. They wrote "Nobody cared to give him 1 like, Amen and Share". They evidently have NOT read your beautiful blog about Rayden!! I have posted your blog addie on several of the comments.
I absolutely LOVE your blog and can tell how much LOVE your family has for each other and God!! God bless you all!!! Please take care!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Luci W said...

One of the comments had your blog addie. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

Hey i saw your story on facebook im sending prayers up and i hope he has improvement everyday