Wednesday, February 4, 2015

January 25, 2015 "Our first night home"

I just want to thank God for his goodness and blessings upon my life. I would have never dreamed of having a third child but God had another plan. Although it has been a rocky beginning, I believe God placed Rayden in our life for a reason. Miracles have a way of being worth the wait. Who could have known that this sweet baby boy could fill our hearts with unspeakable joy? 
Last night brought all kinds of emotions. It was a wonderful feeling to be home and sleep in my own bed! I sure have missed it these past two months! Justin and Alex were home as well. I was overjoyed to have my entire family under one roof. I thank God every day for my family and our many blessings. Although we were in our own bed we didn't sleep a wink. We let Rayden sleep in his bassinet in our room. Michael and I got up over and over to check on him with every grunt he made. No, we are not new parents, but it is such a huge responsibility that we do not take lightly. It's hard to believe that he's finally here, so tiny, and trusting, so pure and so dear. He is such a good baby only crying when it is time to eat. (10, 2, and 6) I hope this continues! 

Rayden has to be fed a little differently than other babies due to his prematurity. It is scary when he stops breathing so I was amazed when Michael and Alex actually wanted to feed him.  

No comments: